Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

paginated report just disappeared from the service

hi i could swear a paginated report i published days ago just disappeared from the service.  it uses a gateway i installed which coincidentally went offline.  does anybody know if its likely that the disappearance of the report is (can be) related to the gateway going offline.  i hit the cycle arrow on the gateway after re entering creds and re published the report.  all looks good right now but this may be a good reason why my post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/do-more-mature-pbi-installations-keep-pbix-and-paginated-re... on backing up reports is a serious matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi db042190, backing up reports is a good practice and now with git integration available in power bi, it has become easier to backup your reports. For your question though, even if gateway were to go offline, your report would not disappear. You can check audit logs as tenant admin to check if some workspace user with sufficient permissions accidentally deleted those reports.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi db042190, backing up reports is a good practice and now with git integration available in power bi, it has become easier to backup your reports. For your question though, even if gateway were to go offline, your report would not disappear. You can check audit logs as tenant admin to check if some workspace user with sufficient permissions accidentally deleted those reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors