Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NoaMi

org. account via Microsoft 365 Business -Publish to Web

hello,

I have a PBI report (dataset is static via excel, csv etc.) published to my portfolio webpage via an organizational onmicrosoft.com account I created with Microsoft 365 Business. I have a Pro licence on Power BI.

My test version is running out soon and it would cost 267 eur/year to subscribe to Microsoft 365 Business package in order to keep the email account and publish my reports. I do not want to use my professional work email for these activities.

Is there any other way I can publish to Web free of charge, which maybe I am missing here?

With tableau this would be possible to do with static dataset reports, but I would prefer to keep using Power BI.

Thanks for your support,

Noa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

for power bi free capabilities you need as least a educational or work address, no personal adress like @gmail, @hotmail, @ outlook etc can be use on power bi. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NoaMi 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description, If you only need to use 'publish to web' function, the free licence is also available in 'my workspace'.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks, @v-janeyg-msft . This is useful info. Would publish to web feature also be possible with free license, in case my dataset was connected to a server or to web?

Hi, @NoaMi 

Yes, this feature can still be used even if the Pro licence expires.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

for power bi free capabilities you need as least a educational or work address, no personal adress like @gmail, @hotmail, @ outlook etc can be use on power bi. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

thanks for confirming @StefanoGrimaldi . I believe Microsoft 365 Business Basic is the best value for money solution this case, which comes with work email address.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors