Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

full share between 2 companies

I have 2 companies.
One with one tenant and another company in another tenant.
One bought another and are still using the original URL because of brand issues.

Each company has 2 licenses os Power BI PRO.

When I share reports, I cannot view the other company.
But I need to make full report sharing between both companies.

How can I make Power BI treat both companies as only one?

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Why can't you view the reports of the other company? It should work. Please refer to service-how-to-collaborate-distribute-dashboards-reports#share-dashboards-and-reports.

Maybe you can add the other domain to your tenant. Please refer to fr-fr/blog/can-i-add-a-domain-to-my-tenant/.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I read the links.

But can I have the same domain inside 2 different tenants?

tenant 1, company 1

tenant 2, companies 1 and 2

can I do this? or will I get an error because company1 is already in the tenant1?

The thing is, I need to create an App Workspace and add users from another domain.

But I get an error: "These email addresses don't exist in your organization"

Maybe I don't need to add the domain to the same tenant, and maybe I need to add each user as a guest in my domain.

Will it work If I add users from the second domain as guests in my first domain?

z.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Adding them as guests would work if they only need to consume the contents. Please refer to /service-admin-azure-ad-b2b.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I put one domain inside 2 different tenants? Or I must remove one domain from one tenant to then put it inside the other tenant?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I am aware because they are in seperate Tenants they will not be able to see each others data automatically.

The only option that I can think of is to move all the content into the new company and then start using that going forward.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors