Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Arendp
Helper III
Helper III

dynamic report pages

is there way in powerbi to have a dynamic amount of report pages? 

Or can we only use report builder for that?

5 REPLIES 5
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arendp,

In addition to report builder, you may consider this solution: Hide/Show pages combining with Bookmarks to dynamically display report pages. Basically, you need hide some report pages and create a Bookmark to save current report status. Then, you need create another Bookmark to show these report pages but hide other report pages.  In addition, you can bind these Bookmarks to Buttons, so users can view dynamic report pages with a click.

For more details about Bookmarks, please refer to Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

For more details about Buttons, please have a look at this doc: Create buttons in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Here are some blogs may help you.

Page-Level Security workaround in Power BI - RADACAD

How to dynamically hide a page in PowerBI — Day to Data Stuff

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

hi Thanks for your response.

Do you mean that this can dynamically be changed?

Arendp_0-1655805350260.png

I am not able to change this with bookmarks.

Can you show me how? With the urls you mention this is not achieved.

Hi @Arendp,

Here is a simple sample report that dynamically show or hide report pages combining with Button(Bookmark navigator button). You can publish it to a workspace and see how it works. It’s just a simple dynamically switch scenario. For some complicate switch scenarios, you can refer to the blogs mentioned earlier. Hope it helps.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Hi thanks for your answer and thanks for your sample file.

It's all about exporting to PDF. No matter what bookmark I choose, the export to PDF function will always show Overview  and Report, the second report page.

Arendp_0-1655895451732.png

So export to PDF should either show Overview + report 1 page, or Overview + report 2 page, based on selected bookmark. But I think this is not possible, isn't it?

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Are you referrring report pages means you have more data which are spreaded to mulitple pages? If yes, then report builder is the only option. There is a custom visual called Inforiver, that visual also support pages.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors