Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

oddtime

dataset via Gateway not visible in PowerBI service

Hello,

I created an on-prem gateway, registered it and added the dataset. The connection is showing as successful in "Manage Gateway/Data source", but in my PowerBI service Workspace, I do not have any dataset available. The database is about 200MB. I have been waiting for an hour now.

Do I need to wait longer? do I first need to do anything in PowerBI Desktop? I would like to just use the PowerBI service. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi oddtime,

Please check if the datasource you have configured in "Manage Data source" matches the dataset. Also confirm which workspace you have published your report/dataset yo.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It sounds like the Data Source that you created in the Power BI Service under Manage Gateway is different from what is in your Power BI Desktop file.

What I would suggest is to open your Power BI Desktop File, then click on Edit Queries and Data Source Settings. In this Window see what the name and details of the data source settings are. This will also show if there is more than one data source.

What ever you have in the Data Source Settings above, you have to have the exact match, as well as the same number of data sources in the Manage Gateways in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors