Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bogoLAC
Frequent Visitor

dataset doesn't refresh in the service

I re-published dataset to a service and got message "publish complete. however, we coudln't refresh your dataset, please manually refresh your dataset in the service..."

When I manually refresh dataset in the service, i get internal service refresh error. I triple checked my credentials and they are accurate, gateway is not required (pull data from sharepoint and Azure SQL). I have no problem to refresh dataset from Power BI Desktop and refresh works if I publish dataset to a different (development) workspace.

Unfortunately, i can't delete dataset and republish it again because I will loose 50+ reports connected to that dataset.

Please advise what i can do.

I use power BI shared capacity.

bogoLAC_0-1670970151718.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @bogoLAC 

Based on your detailed error information, I checked the internal database and could see that the error seemed to be related to Microsoft's DLP policy:

Query Execution failed for model'125622' because there is a DSR error: transientError='False', DSRErrorCode='rsDataShapeQueryTranslationErro

EnsureModelInGen2CapacityAsync: The model id 125622 is not in premium capacity. DLP scenarios are allowed for datasets in premium capacity only.

According to my research, this problem is generally caused by the limitations caused by the published report or dataset or source .pbix file containing the sensitivity label, which is the relevant official documentation, so you can check if it is related to the documentation as described:

Data loss prevention policies for Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Sensitivity labels from Microsoft Purview Information Protection in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft ...

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

please note that dataset and reports worked fine until today and sensetivie labels were never applied to reports. Information Protection policies are all disabled in power bi tenant settings. If i republish same dataset under new name to the same workspace i have no problem to refresh it in service that's why i don't think the issue relate to DLP. Unfortunately, i can't delete exising dataset otherwise i loose reports connected to it. i need to find a way to fix refresh of failing dataset and reports connected to it. thank you.

bogoLAC
Frequent Visitor

Additional information: Many reports connected to failing dataset do not longer work. i get following information.

bogoLAC_0-1670984420677.png

if i download report file from service and open it power bi desktop, i get following error:

bogoLAC_0-1670995473833.png

bogoLAC
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft support, is there anything you can offer to resolve the problem?

Here are the details of the error when i try to refresh.

Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 536a2e4c-6314-4504-91e1-7770dda0224f
Request ID: 16982f80-6618-47b6-b7a8-b375fd56235d
Time: 2022-12-13 21:59:01Z

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sorry to hear that! I was in the same situation before. Somehow after a few re-publish and using an external tool to do partial publish, the dataset somehow got "corrupted".

I had to re-publish under a new name ( so basically a new dataset ) and rebind all my reports to the new one.

Can you try republishing under a new name and run the refresh? If it works, it could mean that the original is somehow "corrupted" 

thanks for this option, yes, i can considered republishing under new name or same name but different workspace. The problem I have 50+ reports to rebind and it's a lot of work considering that i need to reconnect and republish each thin report.. I hope for formal answer from Microsoft or their ability to trouble shoot database behind the scene as i need scalable solution in case if it happens again. Especially there was no reason for dataset to get corrupted since i didn't mess with unspported feastures exposed from Tabular Editor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors