Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hespinoza
Frequent Visitor

change graph chart in published report

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to change the graph chart after publishing a report?  For example, a user is looking at a report and he/she would like to change the graph from a bar chart to a line graph, or to a pie chart.  I did a quick look and it seems that the only way to do that is to create a new visual.

Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @hespinoza ,

The user can simply edit the report you published and change the graph type. Once you publish the report and provide access to the user, they can easilty edit from Services with the edit option provided. Users can change graph type, create new visualizations, edit existing visualiazations, insert lines and carry lot more functionalities just like developers do from pbix file.

This is simply called self-service capability and Power BI thoroughly supports it.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @hespinoza ,

Agree with what have suggested by @Anand24 ,once you have granted the edit permission of the underlying dataset,the user can easily change the graph to any type of visual.

See the reference here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-datasets-build-permissions

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @hespinoza ,

The user can simply edit the report you published and change the graph type. Once you publish the report and provide access to the user, they can easilty edit from Services with the edit option provided. Users can change graph type, create new visualizations, edit existing visualiazations, insert lines and carry lot more functionalities just like developers do from pbix file.

This is simply called self-service capability and Power BI thoroughly supports it.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'd use a combination of bookmarks and visuals. 

You can set up bookmarks to show and hide certain visuals when various buttons are pushed. So you'd just overlay Visual A onto Visual B. It's pretty straight forward to set up. The following video will give you a nice walkthrough. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors