Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bw70316
Helper V
Helper V

Your organization has disabled use of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI.. how to fix this error?

I followed the steps in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-arcgis

but when I open my settings as advised, I do not have an option to click "ArcGIS Maps for Power BI and am instead presented with this error: "Your organization has disabled use of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI." Any suggestions on how to reverse this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bw70316 ,

It seems like your admin has turn off that option, please double check your account to confirm if you have enough permissions to modify that option:

ArcGIS maps in Power BI service and Power BI Desktop by Esri

Administering Power BI in the admin portal#integration-settings

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bw70316
Helper V
Helper V

It has been so long I can't recall the solution. Although I do belive admin had to get involved. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @bw70316 !! I will ask our admin

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bw70316 ,

It seems like your admin has turn off that option, please double check your account to confirm if you have enough permissions to modify that option:

ArcGIS maps in Power BI service and Power BI Desktop by Esri

Administering Power BI in the admin portal#integration-settings

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Xiaoxin:

I am also having the same issue. Did you refer to the Organizational admin settings  for PowerBI desktopOrganizational admin settings for PowerBI desktopfollowing settings?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors