Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Workspace Icons Do Not Appear on App List

When we add Workspace icons they appear for the Workspaces as expected, but they do not appear as icons for the Apps on the apps list. Here is a screenshot of our apps list, the top three should all have icons.

no_app_icons.png

The bottom two are older apps and their icons do appear. When I go to "Edit > Settings > About" for the top three Apps the icon appears correctly in the Workspace image. The icons also appear when a list of Workspaces is shown. The icons are only missing when a list of apps are shown.

These Workspaces are not associated with any Office365 groups, so the icon can not be changed there.

Let me know if you have ideas on how to get the Workspace icons to appear for their corresponding Apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have tested it but works for me in APP list. Maybe you can try select the update app button in the upper right and upload an icon you want.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1645163159045.png

Or unpublish the app and create it again?

Refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-app 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have tested it but works for me in APP list. Maybe you can try select the update app button in the upper right and upload an icon you want.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1645163159045.png

Or unpublish the app and create it again?

Refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-app 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This either Seems to be broken again or i am missing something, just rolled out a icon pack for my Orgnaisation, and unlike in the past, list view no longer lets me have the icons turn up 😞

Capture1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chenwuz-msftwhen I went to the "Update App" page it had the correct logo shown there. I deleted the logo, updated the app, added the logo - on the "Update App" page, not the Workspace page -, then updated the app again and finally the logo appeared on the app list.

So to summarize - in our case the logos uploaded through the Workspace not appear in the app list. Although the logo appears correctly in the "Update App" form, it will not appear for apps unless the logo is uploaded there specifically rather than using the Workspace to upload the logo.

Thanks for the suggestion on getting this resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.