Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

What are the main advantages of sharing a report as an app instead of keeping it as a report?

What are the main advantages of sharing a report as an app instead of keeping it as a report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The single biggest advantage is that the users accessing the report via the app do not need to have  Power BI Pro license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
omnepresent

1-Easy to create with no code as it does not require programming language to learn

2-Effective data and access , as app updates easily from the source file

3-App enhanced usability features, whatever changes we do in app they remain ingrained in an app that's always up to date with your source file

4-The people with whom you share the app can never access the source files hosted in your Cloud platform 

5-Improved visibility,It retains the source files in your Cloud platform and only offers to third parties the reshaped information as a functional app.

ravi_ray_2022
Regular Visitor

1 It is easy to create with no code as it does not require programming language to learn

2 Effective data and access, as app updates easily from the source file

3 App enhanced usability features, whatever changes we do in app they remain ingrained in an app  that's always up to date with your source file

4 The people with whom you share the app can never access the source files hosted in your Cloud platform 

5 Improved visibility, It retains the source files in your Cloud platform and only offers to third parties the reshaped information as a functional app.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The single biggest advantage is that the users accessing the report via the app do not need to have  Power BI Pro license.

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This is interesting. I currently have a PPU license. So if I share the app with someone who doesn't have a Power BI subscription can they view the app?. This actually feeds into another question I posted:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/What-is-the-optimal-way-that-my-team-can-share-our-Power-BI...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors