Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hirmando

User Driven Values for SQL Server Stored Proc Parameters

The datasource for my PBI report uses a directquery sql server stored procedure with Start and End date parameters.

Is there a way for a report viewer to imput the parameters to pass to the procedure to retern the dataset to render the report?

I know the report designer can use parameters however these dont appear to be exposed to the viewer.

For background, I come from the SSRS world where executing data queries on demand using SQL procs and user input parameters are commonplace.

Thanks in avance.

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hirmando 

Based on my knowledge, when connecting to sql server with Directquery, it doesn't support to edit parameter in Power BI Service.

If you connect to sql server with Import, after publish to an App workspapce in Power BI Service and give members of that App workspapce "edit" permission,then members can edit parameter in Power BI Service.

Best Regards

Maggie 

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors