Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CMP

Unable to sign in Power BI excel add-in

Other day my client had issue signing in withj Power BI application. Found out his version was very out of date and after update his current version he was able to signin and publish to his web. 

Today he would like to Pin some things with the Power BI addin excel but when he trys to do so he is prompt to login but he gets error when doing so shown below. 

excel powerbi.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

THe Power BI Add-In is not supporting App Workspaces using the V2 or Modern App Workspaces. And this is why they might not be able to pin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Was this supported at one time as my client said they use to pin it that way all the time to Power BI. Also is there an alternative way? 

Hi @CMP

I found a similar thread below,not sure whether it can help solve your problem:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Publisher-error-when-trying-to-update-dashboard/td...

Btw,does your client still have a Pro license?Or was his license expired?

Best Regards,
Kelly

Client still has Pro LIC. That other link really did nothing for help in issue. It seems that after my client could not longer sign in with older version of Power BI which I updated to the latest version and now can get him login to Power BI it broke his Excel Power BI addin tab on the ribbon. 

Which version of the App Workspace are they connecting to?

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors