Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

hussainh
Regular Visitor

Unable to Display Usage by License Name - Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics

Hi,

We have the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics template app in Power BI. How can we view usage data by license/subscription type?

I tried to create a visual with the data fields of "License Name" and "MostRecent-ActiveUsers(%)", but it doesn't work because there is no relationship between the two tables where these fields exist. I tried this in both the browser version and desktop version and haven't had any luck. Please advise on how to create a visual that can show usage by license name.

2 REPLIES 2
iXpert_info
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Jay,

Thank you for this information however the article you linked is addressing a different issue. The problem I have is with the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics Dashboard which comes preconfigured from Microsoft as a template app (see image below). As you can see, for example, it provides a total percentage for adoption across the organization. However, I want to be able to break this down by license type such as adoption percentage only for users with E3 license. Does anyone know how this can be done?

office365usage-exec-summary.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors