Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kumar27
Advocate V
Advocate V

The explore option changes at service is Saved but once the session starts it disappears

To implement the left drill drill through , i enabled the drill through button from the Explore tab at pbi service . But once the session is restarted it disappers.

9 REPLIES 9
jbleach

This still seems to be broken.  Setting the "Explore - Drill Though" mode works while in Edit but it will not save with the report so that it will work with user in "Reading" mode.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kumar27 

Can you show the screenshot of the error? I'm not quite understand your issue.

HI , Thanks for your reply.

There is no error , but it is not working.

Step 1 :- I open a report form power bi service .

Step 2:- I then go to Edit-> Eplore -> Drill through and make it on .
Step 3 :- I save the report  , and it says saved successfully .
Now when i close the session and open the report again , the changes that I earlier made in Step 2 is gone , and the drill through is off again .

Hi, @kumar27 

I test in my machine and everything is normal, so can you show the specific operation of step 2?

kumar27_0-1650879471429.png

I have made  the drill through option to ON within EDIT- Explore and saved , now if i refresh this bage after saving it , the drill through option is again switched back to OFF.

Hi, @kumar27 

This explore feature can only be displayed when editing, and can't be saved. 

You can try this, too.

vjaneygmsft_1-1650881821386.png

And whether the button is turned on or not, it won't affect the drill through I set.

vjaneygmsft_2-1650881895156.png

Reference: Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I already know the drill through functionlity , but i was trying to achieve it via a left click and that is the reason why I went on to enble this drill through , but the power bi service may need future enhancemnt to provide a left click drill through option as it does not allows  to  save my report with this finctionality.

I am also aware  that we've  a page navigation button can be set up for my left click drill experience , but the thought process was to leverage this functioanlity within service if it is avaible , but as you said it  CAN not be saved ! and that is a sad conclusion .
Thanks 

Hi, @kumar27 

Do you consider creating a drill through button?

vjaneygmsft_0-1650936307367.png

Create a drillthrough button in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes i use this at many places .

But what’s really needed is a way to use a hyperlink or button in a table row. Having to right-click or select a data point is not intuitive to most consumers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors