Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SurielCarrasco

Synchronize MySQL Server Update to Azure

Hello everyone. I have a MySQL server in Azure from which I already used the tables to create the reports in PowerBi Desktop. Later I uploaded the .pbix files to a workspace in PowerBi web.
My question is how I can do to synchronize the data updates from the server to the reports uploaded in Power Bi Web?
Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @SurielCarrasco ,

when the server is in Azure there should not be a problem. 

Just go to the settings of the data set and choose "Schedule Refresh":

dataset-menu.png

From there or you can schedule the times when the data set should be refreshed:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SurielCarrasco ,

If your report contains a data set that combines or appends cloud and local data sources in a single query, then you also need to add cloud data sources to the gateway.

You need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster Under Gateway Cluster Settings.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1619516521946.png

Please refer to this documentation: 

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For datasets that include separate queries one that connects to an on-premises data source and the other to a cloud data source, the gateway doesn't execute the query for the cloud data source. So data sources in cloud don't need to be added to the gateway in this scenario.

Then you could refresh your reports manually or configure a scheduled refresh after setting data source credentials successfully.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SurielCarrasco ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SurielCarrasco ,

If your report contains a data set that combines or appends cloud and local data sources in a single query, then you also need to add cloud data sources to the gateway.

You need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster Under Gateway Cluster Settings.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1619516521946.png

Please refer to this documentation: 

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For datasets that include separate queries one that connects to an on-premises data source and the other to a cloud data source, the gateway doesn't execute the query for the cloud data source. So data sources in cloud don't need to be added to the gateway in this scenario.

Then you could refresh your reports manually or configure a scheduled refresh after setting data source credentials successfully.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @SurielCarrasco ,

when the server is in Azure there should not be a problem. 

Just go to the settings of the data set and choose "Schedule Refresh":

dataset-menu.png

From there or you can schedule the times when the data set should be refreshed:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

I'm having the same problem with connecting PowerBI to Azure MySql. When I try this, it's disabled:

valterpcaldeira_0-1645450809203.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 😉

Hey @SurielCarrasco ,

could you solve the problem with the "Schedule refresh"?

I'm curious if you could solve this issue 🙂

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors