Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NeedhelpBI
Frequent Visitor

Subscripe to report user do not receive email

Hi,

I have two external users with acess to a Power BI report in a workspace I have created.

One of the external users receives the email subscription made by me and the other user does not. The other user also tried to setup the subscription via that account, but still does not receive the email. Both users are from the same domain and have a power bi pro licens.

I noticed the user where the email is not received has "undefined" in the picture where the other user has "DJ" in the subscription setup. See picture below.

NeedhelpBI_0-1712484299530.png

Both users are listed as user type "guest" in my Entra ID. 
Any idea why it is not working for the "undefined" user?

1 REPLY 1
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NeedhelpBI ,
Based on your description, the users receiving the subscription emails are from the same domain, but one of your external users doesn't seem to be receiving the subscription emails. First of all, subscription emails may be filtered into the spam or junk mail folder. These folders can be checked in the email client. Second, make sure that the email address of the "undefined" user is entered correctly in the Power BI service. Finally, double-check the report's subscription settings to ensure that the user's email is listed correctly and that the subscription is active.
You can refer to these documents on how to set up subscriptions and invite external users
Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Distribute content to external guest users with Microsoft Entra B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors