Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ijustneedhelp

Solutions on posts aren't working and links also are just showing more replies

I am on a wild goose chase.

My visual will not pin to any dashboard. I keep clicking on the links from discussion posts I have found and they take me to more replies with links that do not work. Turning on/off the title isn't working.

I don't understand why Power BI doesn't have help videos. All I see are really long posts/articles that answer generic questions like 'how to pin a visual to a dashboard.' but Not even how to customize your dashboard or help loading photos. Which took way too long for me to get to work.

I created this account just to see the answer and it is still not working. I am rambling because I am just so upset everytime I need help or get stuck I have to hope I can find a youtube video because nothing here has been helpful or works.

I will be advocating for my work to get Tableau.

5 REPLIES 5
Ijustneedhelp

Ijustneedhelp

The report is in my workspace the other visuals from the report pinned to the dashboard. It gave me the option for the pin and to select a dashboard but didn't ever pin it. I did the option settings and it was already set to that and made no difference. I think I was more frustrated in the fact that old posts have invalid links. The links to help and answers should continue to work. I found an answer on youtube that sometimes it is the type of graph/visual that will not pin. (doesn't make much sense why that would affect it but at least it was an answer.) I decided to copy the visual to another page and just pin the entire page. It doesn't interact with the other visuals but at least it is on there for now. 

@Ijustneedhelp OK, so what kind of visual is it? I could try to replicate the issue if you can provide me that information.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks but I think it is a glitch Power BI has and cannot be replicated. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Ijustneedhelp So, first of all, do you get the pin icon when hovering over a report visual in the Power BI Service?

Greg_Deckler_0-1695139822830.png

If it is there, what happens when you click it? Anything?

Is the report in your My Workspace or a different workspace? Do you have a Pro license?

There have been issues if you turn off visual headers. In Desktop go to File | Options and settings | Options | Report Settings, and uncheck "Hide the visual header in reading view" under Visual options. Would also recommend making sure that "Use the modern visual header with updated styling options" is checked. Then save and then publish.

You could check the Issues forum here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors