Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hamo

Slicer has been moved

Hi Guys,

i hve now since a few days this Problem. When i want to choose a drope down or whatever on my Slicer. The following report comes up. Can anyone help me ? 

Kind Regards

2023-01-13 13_57_11-Monitoring_Tracking_subjektive_FC Bayern FF_21_22 - Power BI Desktop.png

7 REPLIES 7
Jnas
Advocate II
Advocate II

Except for the Search option apparently: Here is also an other option which is super quick to enable searching: Just select the slicer and hit ctrl + F : the search bar will appear.

This worked for me since it says "This setting has moved. tochange the slicer style, select Format > Slicher settings > Options > Style". But there is no option to turn on the search there.

@Jnas Nice find.  Works for text data types. Doesn't seem to work for numbers, but that may have been a limitition already before the move.

sudhav
Helper V
Helper V

Hey all those setting options are moved to format bar 

sudhav_0-1673861568972.png

just select slicer and go to format>slicer setting>style and change there, look at the snap above and please accet it as solution if you could find it useful.

Do you think, there is a chance to move it back. Or is it generally now there ?

in recent Nov 2022 update, microsoft changes like that, i dont know about moving back.....

You could re-install a version of Power BI Desktop prior to that.  What's your issue with the change?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please follow the instructions in the grey box.  The setting for the dropdown is now in a different place.

Power BI December 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors