Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing a single Power BI report

Hi folks,

I have a report published to a workspace. I want to share this particular report with one of my colleagues. I have shared it using the share button at the top report and provided that colleague with read access to the report. Still, the person couldn't open the report and gets a message as "You need a PRO license". Is there any way to share this report?

Note-

1. The report is published to a workspace that is on premium capacity.
  2. I do not want the person to be a member of that workspace. I only want to share this particular report.
  3. I do not want to create an App for this workspace. Neither I want to embed it to SharePoint
  4. The person is a free Power BI user in my company.

Any help will be appreciated😊.

Below is a screenshot of how I am sharing the report:

sankalp_0-1601621760455.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may not tick the second option " Allow users to build new content using the underlying datasets".

If you select Allow users to build new content using the underlying datasets, they can create their own reports in other workspaces based on the dataset for this dashboard. Read more about creating reports based on datasets from different workspaces. That is to say,  the recipients need Build permission for the dataset instead of read permission.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may not tick the second option " Allow users to build new content using the underlying datasets".

If you select Allow users to build new content using the underlying datasets, they can create their own reports in other workspaces based on the dataset for this dashboard. Read more about creating reports based on datasets from different workspaces. That is to say,  the recipients need Build permission for the dataset instead of read permission.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KristofDM
Frequent Visitor

If you have corporate capacity available (which is a paying feature) you can add your workspace to the corporate capacity. There , local tenant users do not need a license. If you do NOT have that, you can send the user the PIBX file (and thus NOT use the power bi service but use power bi desktop).

Otherwise, the user does indeed need a PRO license to access the report. No way around it! 

EDIT => i did not see your note, nevermind my reply 🙂

Just deselect the 'allow... ' and share it.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors