Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

andershebert

Setting triggers and automate message

I have created a Power BI rapport based on Excel-files as my dataset, with all outstanding invoices in our organisation - and so far I have just create a tabell in the PBI rapport. However, I would now like to set up that an automated message (either by Teams or email) that is sent to each (or all) the names in this file - to remind them to process their invoice before the due date, based upon the number of days the invoice has been in our system (lets say 7 days).

Firstly, I dont undertsand how to solve creating a condition to base a trigger on or the the solution to use for that: Power BI Goals and/or Power Automate - or use the alerts/notifications function in Power BI, based upon values, thresholds or goals?

In the dataset I have the following common values:

Firstname_Surname | | Date of Invoice| Invoice-number

Secondly, how I could match the name in my dataset (which is just a first name and a surname) - and how to match that to a user in our organisation (Microsoft Office365) in  order to send an automated message in Teams or a valid email adress in Outlook.

Many thanks in advance - and pls explain in simple terms, as I am a novice 😏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

My recommendation would be to use Power Automate, both to run the DAX queries and to correlate your name column with your AD information.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

My recommendation would be to use Power Automate, both to run the DAX queries and to correlate your name column with your AD information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.