Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Session Timeout of Embedded Report

Hello,

I having a full license pro and premium workspace. The embedded report with a automatic refresh in the script runs quite well. I tested it and sometimes it runs many hours until i come to a session timeout and have to click on the yellow Sign-In Button again. 

Now we also have company computers (not tight to employee but department)  where we want to run reports as information dashboard a very long time. Its a basic office 365 license with restricted app and only Power Bi (FREE). 

When I run the same html file with the embedded report and still 10 minutes script refresh, after only an hour the yellow button comes up. 

Is there a way to adjust it? Is it related to the PowerBi Free license and not having the Pro?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Best. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88 ,

The access token has an expiration time, which means that after embedding a Power BI item, you have a limited amount of time to interact with it. To give your users a continuous experience, refresh the access token before it expires.

There are two ways to refresh your access token:

• Directly using the APIsetAccessToken
  • Automatically if you're using an Azure AD token for embed for your organization

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-chenwuz-msft , 

thanks for your reply. Is a token not only necessary if it runs on a "neutral" computer with no own PowerBi account, so it can get a access to the report via a token? In our case the report is running as an iframe inside a locally placed html file on the harddisk . That computer has PowerBi(Free) access and the report is already shared with that account. So for instance if I want to run a embedded report on my own computer where I have PowerBi Pro Account, do I still need that "setAccessToken" implemented into the script part of the html file, when I'm actually logged in to the powerbi service site?

Best.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors