Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send email notification when certain criteria is met - large amount of alerts needed to be set up

Hi,

I want to send an email alert when certain criteria are met -- I have googled a lot for similar solutions, listed below, but those are for one or two alerts, which can easily be set up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dsCUeCFjg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OTVKkcksXM

What I would like is to set up the alerts in a large scale -- like set up more than 50 alerts at a time.

Example as below:

bpwendy_0-1638315779548.png

We want to send emails when Current is less than Required. In this example, once the criteria is met, we want to send out 23 emails, and the email will only need to be sent once. If I set up the alert one by one, then there will be 55 alerts that needed to be set up, which is very time-consuming, especially in the real scenario, there's more than 100 alerts that need set up.

Checked with my manager, we don't want to send out the screenshot of this table day by day, due to the environment we're in, so I would like to know how to set up email alert when the criteria is met in a large scale.

Please help!!

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

From your description, I create a sample, pin the matrix to a dashboard, the manage alert option don’t appear.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638527222737.png

As alerts can only be set on gauges, KPIs, and cards, which mainly monitor one value. I think your requirement is not supported in power bi.

vkalyjmsft_1-1638527222740.png

Here’s more information for reference:

Set data alerts in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

edhans
Super User
Super User

Using Power BI and dashboards you'd need to create a card for each of these, then add them to a dashboard, then set up an alert.

If you can access this data via SQL Server, you can set up a Power Query query to run against the SQL Server in Power Automate. Then, run over each result of the data and send out an email on that. That would be able to scale to nearly infinite with no extra code. 1 line or 1,000 lines, it would just work.

You might play with the goals feature, but that requires premium, and I don't think it has alerting, but if the user visits the page, it will be obvious them what is/isn't meeting goals.

The only other option I can think of is a visual that only shows the exceptions. Then add a Power Automate button to that page and add the relevant fields (the exceptions) and other info like the necessary email addresses. But that is not automatic. You have to go push the button. Then, it will run over 1 or thousands of exceptions.

Otherwise, maybe there is a custom visual that could do that. But if you find one I guarantee it won't be a freebie.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors