Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ferriteb
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh not saving schedule

If I navigate to my dataset, turn scheduled refresh on, add times and press apply I get a message that my settings have been saved successfully.

ScheduledRefresh.PNG

However if I come out and go back in they have disappeared and sheduled refresh is off.

ScheduledRefresh2.PNG

Is this a known issue/Is there a current workaround? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies if this is in the wrong location.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ferriteb,

What's your source? Does this issue happen to all your datasets or just a specific one?

In addition, based on my test, there is a delay(one or two seconds on my side) to show the real status after we expand the scheduled refresh option. So could you try using a different browser and wait a few seconds to see if the issue persists? Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sohara
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  Scheduled refresh continues to turn off in my App Dataset and My Workspace Dataset.  Has anyone determined a permanent fix for this.  Unreliable data is giving PowerBI a bad reputation.

I still experience this issue in Google Chrome every time a refresh schedule is turned off. It requires me, on average, 3 times to go in and save a scheduled refresh before it finally sticks. 

Agreed. Frustrating. How hard it it to show back to the user what they just entered after they click Apply? I waited several minutes (seconds were suggested by someone earlier in the thread) and clicked the browser refresh button, but my changes were not displayed. In the end, I openned Chrome and it showed the saved settings. Is it an issue with Edge? 

Any comment from Microsoft on this bug?

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ferriteb,

What's your source? Does this issue happen to all your datasets or just a specific one?

In addition, based on my test, there is a delay(one or two seconds on my side) to show the real status after we expand the scheduled refresh option. So could you try using a different browser and wait a few seconds to see if the issue persists? Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks v-ljerr-msft,

I have an ODBC dataset. Bizarrely moving from IE to Chrome seems to work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors