Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

malex30
Frequent Visitor

Salesforce Object Timezone change

I have a report that is connecting to a salesforce object (and two dataflows from within Power BI Service Workspaces).
The data coming straight from the Salesforce Object contains the date.time columns in question. 

1. Here is a sample from a Salesforce Object: This is the "Original" value I'm trying to match when shown inside a Power Bi Report SalesforceObject.jpg

2. Here is a sample once connected to a Power Bi Desktop Report. 
You are seeing four columns
1. "From__c" (Column name from Saleforce Object from the previous picture "Start Date/Time" )
2. "Start Date/Time" (a column I added within Power Query based on the "From__c" column)
3. "To__c" (Column name from Saleforce Object from the previous picture "End Date/Time" )
4. "End Date/Time" (a column I added within Power Query based on the "To__c" column)

You should notice the "From__c" and "To__c" (coming from the actual fields from the Salesforce Object") don't even reflect the correct date/time from Salesforce inside the Power Bi Desktop. This is the reason I added the two new columns I've named the same name corresponding to the Saleforce object ( i.e. "Start Date/Time" & "End Date/Time")

Lastly you'll notice the "Start Date/Time" and "End Date/Time" (the ones I added inside Power Query) no reflect the "Start Date/Time" and "End Date/Time" from the Salesforce object. 

Here is the formula steps I performed to create these columns

= Table.AddColumn(Job_Activity__c, "Start Date/Time", each DateTime.AddZone([From__c], -1))
= Table.AddColumn(#"Added Start Date", "End Date/Time", each DateTime.AddZone([To__c], -1))
= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added End Date",{{"Start Date/Time", type datetime},{"End Date/Time", type datetime}})

example_PowerBiDesktop.jpg

3. Here is a sample once connected to a Power Bi Service Report. 
Once published into a Power Bi Workspace you will the columns I added inside of Power Query are now wrong..  

example_PowerBiService.jpg

Salesforce Company Information Settings

Salesforce_CompanyInfo.jpg

Please help me figure out this issue. 
Keep in mind we have jobs performed from different timezones and we want to reflect the timezones time. NOT our current local machines' time relative to that timezone. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors