Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FrenchUser

SQL Server Gateway and geographic data for paginated report

Hi,

I try to use un paginated report with geographic data.

I have to connected two DataSources (one PostGre with Data and on SQL Server to convert in geometry) because report builder didn't accept postgre geometry or lat and lng.

In Report builder everything work : no problem.

But when I try to publish, "Received error payload from gateway service with ID 3516470: Async operation a74114e6-1f88-4de4-9014-211bc876467b is faulted with [0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.DataAccessException: An exception encountered while accessing the target data source GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError GatewayVersion=3000.214.8..."

I simplified my report, if the SQL Server use no geometry data it is ok (the 2 gatway work) but if I put a simple data as Cast(Point() as geometry) in one sql server DataSet the error occur (even without a map, just the Dataset).

Do you have any idea to resolve this type of problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
FrenchUser

If only, I can... but with Power Bi report builder you can't use Lat and Lon to do maps. It would be too easy. For the maps, you need geometry and to be more precise Microsoft SQL server geometry or geography. 

I didn't know that, thank you.  I assume you have already gone through this? Maps in a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't use "geometry" data types.  Power BI does not understand these.  Provide Lat and Lon as number fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors