Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BCGC
Frequent Visitor

Row Level Security

Hi guys,

I am have multiple different view for my published project, but I cannot find an easy way to get into the views? The published project is needed for a presentation but the only way I can seem to look at the project in a view is if I do Test as Role via the database app... This seems like it couldn't possibly be the only way to do this. 

I have tried assigning an email to one view and then when sharing the project to that email account but this just lets them view the project but not in a view...

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @BCGC 

The way to test the Row Level Security is with the Test as role to see if it is working as expected.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

BCGC
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response @GilbertQ. I am trying to work out a better way of viewing this project in the certain views that I have made - without having to use Test as Role. Assigning an email to the view and sharing it does not seem to make them view it the same as when I use Test as Role.

Yeah it works differently and sometimes you have to figure out how to test to make sure it works as expected. Sometimes I get a seperate account created which I then use to do my testing with.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors