Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report refresh Failure

Hi Team,

I am able to Refresh PBIX file (Desktop) successfully. If I publish the same PBIX file on Power BI Services and if I try to refresh (On Demand OR Scheduled refresh both) then I am getting below error message:

Processing error:SharePoint: Request failed: https://pgone.sharepoint.com/sites/MidwestRegionTeam/Shared Documents/Meijer Team/Dashboard360/eComm/raw_data/PG_Digital/we20201107_Digital Shopping Report - P&G Digital_xlsx/_api/contextinfo
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:8636093c-4103-481f-9d34-fd2a68d939c4
Request ID:30fab3ed-f327-4139-681f-253cee860e37

My Source files has been taken from SharePoint Folders.I do have access for all the Sharepoint Source folders.  I am not using any Data Gateway.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Sam

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't  got any solution yet, We have raised Ticket for the same with Microsoft Power BI support team. Even they are not able to crack it.

Hope we get resolution from them!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-rzhou-msft ,

Thanks, but I do have access for folders & Credentials has already updated for Data source.

regards,

Sam

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you refresh other reports built by sharepoint folder successfully?

You can try to delete the report, associated dashboard and dataset from Power BI service and republish the report. Then set the credentials and try again.

Please check whether your desktop is the latest version. If it isn't, update it by this link: Download

What kind of browser did you use to visit service?

You may refer to this blog for Supported browsers for Power BI

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please show a screenshot of your issue in your dataset setting.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I have a test by sharepoint folder data source.

Please check your credentials in Dateset in Setting.

I you don't set your credential in Dateset Setting, your refresh may be failed.

1.png

Please edit your credentials in data source credentials.

1.png

Then sign in by your account (need to have access to this data source in sharepoint).

After you edit your credebtial, your refresh will succeed.

2.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

strange, changing into the root access should still give you access to the sites, check if missing a step to reach the site folder after changing the root access or if the credencials have perimitions for the root access to sharepoint. 

second you dont change sources on the gateway, you must select on the main gateway configurations the first option at the botton that says something like permit the gateway to connect to cloud resources without settting a gateway or something like that, 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@StefanoGrimaldi ,

Thank you for your response. 

If I change  access from  https://CompanyName/sites/MidwestRegionTeam/Shared  to  https://CompanyName

then Power BI is not be able to fetch correct source files. Morevever If I change this on source (On Gateway) then I am getting "Unable to connect to the data source undefined." error.

I wonder, Refresh is working perfectly fine on Desktop file but not on Power Bi services.

Any thought please?

on the desktop file see in data source settings if the credentials for the dataset its on global or in the file. maybe that could help, also if you cahnge it to company name you just need to add a navigation step after the source for the query to locate inside the root the file you looking for as the root have access to all files in all sites, normally that fix this kind of error you showing here, if neither of those works and you have all credentials on file and on gateway correctly and even try the root access of the sharepoint, cant think of much more at the momment. hope you can solve it. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

first change the root access from  https://pgone.sharepoint.com/sites/MidwestRegionTeam/Shared  to  https://pgone.sharepoint.com

assign the credentials for the source root, them on power bi service go to gatewayconfiguration you must create one and at the botton from the 3 options select the first one that enable the gateway to conect to cloud based data as sharepoint to get data via web, power bi service uses the gateway even to access data source that its on the cloud so even if you not referring data to a server or database you need the gateway for cloud base database like sharepoints. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors