Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

gotters
Resolver I
Resolver I

Report Save not working after rebind

We have a deployment process that creates an entirely new dataset workspace and then rebinds the existing reports to the new datasets after deployment.

This has been working without any problems, however we just recently discovered that if we try and edit any of the reports that have been rebound, they will no longer save! Clicking Save will give an error as per below even though it was definitely working in the past.

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks

Activity ID: a74b24e0-69a6-4b6b-84f6-e1a19a1e8386
Request ID: a97bfa23-cfa6-1ed8-839a-65f71ea8236e
Correlation ID: 221295ad-7fe2-4375-f3f3-16adf515156d
Status code: 401
Time: Mon Jun 17 2024 18:49:11 GMT+0300
Service version: 13.0.23515.58
Client version: 2406.2.19558-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-h-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gotters
Resolver I
Resolver I

There was some kind of temporary issue with Microsoft, after they made a release last week the problem was solved (except we now have new problems downloading pbix files which have broken).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gotters
Resolver I
Resolver I

There was some kind of temporary issue with Microsoft, after they made a release last week the problem was solved (except we now have new problems downloading pbix files which have broken).

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gotters 

Given the status code of 401, this typically indicates an authentication or authorization problem. This can happen if the credentials used by the reports to access the datasets are no longer valid after the rebind operation:

Ensure that the reports have the necessary permissions to access the new datasets.

If your reports or the underlying application use access tokens for authentication, ensure that these tokens are refreshed and valid. 

Refresh the access token in Power BI embedded analytics | Microsoft Learn

Ensure that the rebind operation is correctly executed. 

Connect a Power BI report to a dataset using dynamic binding - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the details.

The issue happens even within PBI Service (not only our embedded app) with a user who has admin role in both report and dataset workspaces - so there should be no auth issues here whatsoever.

However we recently noticed some other operations failing lately (download pbix) due to auth issues even though in the past the permissions and roles applied were sufficient. So I strongly suspect some under the hood permission functionaliy changes from MS.

We have opened a support case as suggested below.

Tutu_in_YYC
Community Champion
Community Champion

That should not be the case. Sounds like it is a bug. I'd recommend sending a ticket to Microsoft.

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors