Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rav_nan
Regular Visitor

Renaming a report and dataset causing issue with git integration in azure devops from powerbi worksp

I have a Report and Dataset in my workspace, I have integrated it with git and all my code gets saved in Azure Repos.

Elaborating the problem statement now,

Step 1: I have a report and dataset named Daily Test.Report and Daily Test.SemanticModel

Step 2: I make a commit in Azure Repos

Step 3: A folder structure is created in Azure Rpos namely: Daily Test.Report and Daily Test.Dataset

Step 4: I rename my report and dataset to Daily Details and make a commit again.

This time the renaming of the folder structure did not happen, instead it committed the code in Daily Test.Report and Daily Test.Dataset, when i run my CICD pipelines it throws an error saying Dataset name or ID was not found. 

Please suggest me a solution on this ASAP. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rav_nan ,

Is your problem solved, and if so, can you mark it as a solution?

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rav_nan ,

This issue typically arises due to the way Azure Repos handles folder structures and naming conventions, especially when integrated with external services like Power BI. When you rename a report or dataset in Power BI, the change is not automatically propagated to the Azure Repos folder structure. This discrepancy leads to the CI/CD pipeline errors you're experiencing, as the pipeline is looking for the new dataset name or ID, which doesn't exist in the expected location.

I think you can try this:

Your CI/CD pipeline configuration is updated to reference the new report and dataset names.If the issue persists, consider republishing the renamed report and dataset under the new names to the same workspace, and then reintegrate with Azure Repos.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xianda,

Thank you for the quick solution that you suggested. This will fix the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors