Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

smitht46
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Failed

I have a Power BI report created and an On-Premises gateway connection established so I can schedule a daily automatic refresh of the report. It was running/refreshing overnight just fine; however, this morning I received the following error message.

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We cannot convert the value null to type Table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: CardsHierarchy.

Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-G-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: ae18a377-a3f8-40af-9d23-9cf6f62d47a7

Request ID: eaecc3ab-55c9-3f30-e6cc-023208c90451

Time: 2023-05-05 12:49:00Z

• When I looked at the status of my gateway, it says it is running fine.
  • My On-premises data gateway is still showing Online.
  • I see another error in a web data source that says “Partially Online” that shows the following details.

Error code: DataAccessError, DataAccessError

Data source error: Unknown error

Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com

Activity Id: 127e415e-594d-4475-b62c-5a3ca56ef17d

Request ID: fad79835-d179-4f81-a453-eaaf707852fc

Time: Fri May 05 2023 07:56:26 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

:

AWS Prod Gateway 2: Received error payload from gateway service with ID 206596: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..

AWS Prod Gateway 1 : Received error payload from gateway service with ID 206593: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..

I’m fairly “techy” but this stuff is starting to really get in the weeds for me. Any idea what is causing this?

I am still able to manually refresh the report in PBI Desktop.

I appreciate any help/direction anyone can provide.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @smitht46 ,

Try to check your network connexions, make sure your gateway has access to your data and the oracle port is open to it.

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Stack overflow error when refreshing in service, b... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.