Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lukmtb08
Helper III
Helper III

Publishing of a report fails (Dataset)

Dear community,

I am facing the following problem.

Almost every time I am publishing a report in the premium workspace “Finance Publishing Workspace” I get error message about the dataset refresh.

But it says that the report publishing was successful.

In Power BI service I cannot open the report. Also, I cannot refresh the dataset. So, I must delete the report and dataset. Then it works.
I could imagine that these problems appear if somebody is refreshing the dataset in the moment, I try to publish a new report.

This means the url will change and the copied reports will not work anymore. As we are having about 150 Viewers of the report. This is a problem.

Is that a known issue?

Thank you for your support.

BR

3 REPLIES 3
nesselman
Helper I
Helper I

Is it giving errors as described here:  Re: You can't schedule refresh for this dataset be... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Also this one seems to be pointing to a solution that is coming on 12/9'ish. look here: Query contains unsupported function. Function name... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did it work up until a week or so ago?

I reported the following symptoms:

1) It only impacts Refreshes that have been Published AFTER 12/2

2) It Refreshes fine on Desktop

3) Anything Published before 12/2 (for me that is the date I noticed it) continues to Auto Refresh

4) It is isolated to a 3rd party ODBC Connector from CData that is not new (been using for 3 years)

5) We use qty of 3 Connectors from CData - they all have the same issue

6) MySQL, Web, Native Google Analytics all work

lukmtb08
Helper III
Helper III

@Uspace87 

Hi, I really appreciate your answer. 

No Gateway is required. Also the refresh of the dataset itself generally works. We have stored all data sources within SharePoint.  

Uspace87
Resolver III
Resolver III

@lukmtb08 

Are you sure the "Refresh fail" is not due to Gateway connection? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors