Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavideBono97
Frequent Visitor

Publish report with Api

HI
I have two tenants, one for Development and one for Production
We develop the reports from PowerBI Desktop and publish the pbix by publishing directly from PowerBI Desktop

To publish the content on both tenants I have to switch accounts every time and data connection

I wanted to avoid doing this by trying to use some PowerBI API to publish the pbix automatically on both tenants
Since the data connection is saved inside the pbix, through the import API I can only upload to my workspace on one tenant and not on the other
Through the Import groups/xxx/imports?datasetDisplayName=xxx api I get the following error : {"error":{"code":"PowerBIModelNotFoundException","pbi.error":{"code":"PowerBIModelNotFoundException"," parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

How can I tell it to ignore the connection? I am only interested in importing the report and then changing the connection later

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
nunoc1

Hi @DavideBono97,

I'm having the same issue, did you get any solution on this?

Best regards

Hi

No, I haven't found any solution unfortunately

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DavideBono97 ,

So far, to my knowledge, there is no parameters to achieve it.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors