Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tvanover
Helper II
Helper II

Problem with slicer after publishing a report to power bi service

Hello,

I have a report that uses a slicer. It works fine on power bi desktop. When I make a change to a slicer (on desktop), and republish to power bi service, at first the change is reflected correctly.

However, after I refresh the semantic model (on power bi service)-, the change is cancelled, and is reset to the original version?

Here is a screenshot of the slicer on powerbi desktop. it's the most left slicer. You see it only shows 2024 and 2 sub options:

slicer-desktop.jpg

When I publish the report on powerbi service, initially the slicer looks the same.

However, after I refresh the semantic model, the slicer looks like it was before I made the change, like this:

slicer-service.jpg

The powerbi data gateway looks to be functioning correctly, as I can see new data becoming available after each refresh.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tvanover
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

the problem I've described appears to be misformulated. I will close this thread, and open a new one.

sorry.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tvanover
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

the problem I've described appears to be misformulated. I will close this thread, and open a new one.

sorry.

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@tvanover are you looking for default slicer year to be the current year? then add one more slicer with the year and select relate date option in the settings and choose this year. so everytime when you open the report it will show only current year unless you chnage the value.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors