Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adam_gallard
Frequent Visitor

Premium Multi Geo or multi Tenancy Premium per User

Hi, I work for a small software/consulting firm and we have clients in both the US and Australia, the client's data must stay within their country.  We have about 150 users and we currently are using Premium per user as we build the datasets from our application using the API's and are using direct queries to access the data, but have been looking at importing the data into PowerBI for better performance 

We are considering our options between having a Premium Capacity and using multi geo or creating a US and Australia Tenancy and carrying on using Premium per user, is there much difference in performance between a P1 capacity and Per User? would I have latency issues with Multi geo if the data is in Australia and the server is in West US? Would I get better performance with Multiple Tenancy (1 in each region)?   is there anything else I should think about with these setups?

Thank you for your advice.

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adam_gallard ,

With the Multi-Geo, remote users dependent on the remote capacity for viewing reports do not need to have their browsers connect to the home region while viewing and interacting with reports, making reports load faster and the data exploration experience faster and more responsive.

If you purchase Premium, you will need to separately purchase Power BI pro license for users who publish content or use collaboration features. So in terms of budget, if you have a large number of report creators in your organization, it is not recommended that you purchase premium. But if the number of users only viewing the report is high, you may consider purchasing premium.

If you are not sure whether to purchase premium for multi-geo, you can also consider purchasing A SKU, which is billed by the hour and supports multi-geo, and you can unsubscribe at any time if you think your expectations are not met after using premium.

For more information, please refer to:

What is Power BI Premium? 

Purchase Power BI Premium for testing 

Multi-Geo support for Power BI Embedded 

Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors