Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI data

Hello, if I remove a data I uploaded from my personal computer and reload the same data group from the common area, will my report be deleted? Also, how can I do this delete and reinstall? **Can I see which data in PowerBI is connected to an excel file created by exporting the report to PowerBI?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your first question is a bit vague. Are you talking about PBIX files that you publish to a workspace? (If that's the case then yes)

When you export data to Excel or other external formats there is no connection back to the dataset. There is an entry in the audit log but that's it.

When you do "Analyze in Excel" instead then you will be able to harvest all the active connections (the direct query "refresh" requests)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.