Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alex_dessoliers
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Recovered files after force-restart

Hello Community,

I had my pbix file open for several days and my silly-self did not save any of the progress before our IT department force-restarted our laptops for updates. Going through Power-BI's auto-recovery mechanism I came across this issue. 

The current state of the file is this error. I am unable to view any contents of my file to remedy the error since everytime the file is opened, this error now appears. I can not revert to any old version or state of the file since there is none from what I investigated and it seems all I have now is a dead file.

Has anyone come across an issue like this?

alex_dessoliers_0-1651270642294.png

Appreciate your assistance,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
alex_dessoliers
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately when opening the pbix file, I am unable to see any of my tables or make any edits at all. The error message appears every time.

The pbix before the forced-restart functioned perfectly fine including my date table, but now that it is in this "recovered" state, it seems to be out of sorts. My peers haven't seen anything like it.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@alex_dessoliers 

May be you can still save it >>> calendar cannot be blank - Microsoft Power BI Community

Error is with respect to your calendar table, try to sort that

Regards,

Ritesh

Difficult to say without opening PBIX myself

I would suggest you to open a case with the support team to have a look at your case

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors