Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EbyEaso
Helper III
Helper III

Power PBI APP - Slide Show Mode

Hello All,

I have a report whcih has around 8-10 pages. Also i have a dshboard. Both is published in my organizational Workspace. Also I have created an App which is also organizational. But i dont see any option for slide show presentation. Is there a way i can disply this as slide show whcih should automatically go thru each page when I display in large screen or small screen.

I have gone thru many documentation. But those where from prior to 2020. In 2020 our old version of Power BI service out dated and we all have newest version.

Some have mentioend to download Windos Power BI to use. So is there a differetn app other than Power Bi desktop?

If anyone using this scenario or anyone knows please let me know how can I use the reports as live slide show presentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EbyEaso ,

I have a test.It could not use when logon power bI service.And if you want to use  Presentation Mode ,you need to download it from microsoft store .

there are actually 2 "Power BI" apps in the Windows store. 

1. Power BI Desktop

2. Microsoft Power BI  ✔

v-luwang-msft_0-1619507377744.png

v-luwang-msft_1-1619507514881.png

Wish it is helpful for you !

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EbyEaso ,

Click Microsoft Store:

v-luwang-msft_1-1619589875807.png

Input search "Power BI" then download the below:

v-luwang-msft_2-1619590081973.png

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank You @v-luwang-msft , That worked. cool. Appreciate it. Awesome.

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EbyEaso ,

I have a test.It could not use when logon power bI service.And if you want to use  Presentation Mode ,you need to download it from microsoft store .

there are actually 2 "Power BI" apps in the Windows store. 

1. Power BI Desktop

2. Microsoft Power BI  ✔

v-luwang-msft_0-1619507377744.png

v-luwang-msft_1-1619507514881.png

Wish it is helpful for you !

Best Regards

Lucien

Thnak You @v-luwang-msft again.

can you please share me the link to download the app. I have Power BI Dektop already. So the abouve mentioned app something different from the desktop version?

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EbyEaso ,

You can see the following article:

Use Presenter View:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-presenter-view-in-powerpoint-fe7638e4-76fb-4349-8d81-...

v-luwang-msft_1-1619416225248.png

then click ALT+F5,you will see the below:

v-luwang-msft_2-1619416255882.png

Wish it could help you!

Best Regards

Lucien

EbyEaso
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @v-luwang-msft ,

Thank you for the response. Appreciate it.

But i'm looking for live slide show (Presentation Mode). Either report itself or dashboard on big screen. I know the power point, I use it. But i have read Microsoft documentation and in community blog for this mattter. But it says there is presentation mode on the top of the report. But we can see only full screen mode.

Thank You,

Eby Easo

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EbyEaso ,

you can export the report into PowerPoint for SlideShow purpose. And I tested juest now,it still use now.For more details, please see: Export Power BI report to PowerPoint (Preview)

Official article:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-powerpoint 

v-luwang-msft_0-1619404248774.png

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Hello @v-luwang-msft 

Thank You Again.

But i'm not talking about the Power Point presentation. I know the power point. I'm talking about the reports/Dashboards in Power BI Service. Please see below microsoft documentation. But it wont work.

View presentation mode on Surface Hub and Windows 10 - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Thank You,

Eby Easo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors