Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerJunkie

Power Map with Windows 10

I have the latest Win 10 build (10240) and Excel (part of Office Professional Plus 2013) and Power Map was not installed with Excel. There is no entry for it in the Com Add-Ins area, nor are there any registry keys. Is Power Map supported in Windows 10? This was working fine on my Windows 8.1 build with the same office install.

Edit - I realize this is probably not the right forum for this question, but perhaps someone here would know 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I have Power Map working on my Windows10 Surface Pro 3, so I don't think it is a Windows 10 issue per se.  However, I am running Office 16 Preview.  In Excel 16 in order to launch Power Map you have to click on Insert->3D Map.

There are also tons of enhancement to Power Map in Excel 16 so the product is definitely getting more investment from Microsoft and not being dropped.

Thanks for the reply, good to know it can work on Windows 10. I've moved the question to the Technet forums.

AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

Hi PowerJunkie,

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but you will have the best shot at getting an answer if you submit your question over on the PowerMap forum on TechNet.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=powermap

I know it isn't ideal that we have forums spread over several locations but rest assured we're working on improving that in the future!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors