Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BPhetchamphone
Advocate I
Advocate I

Q&A log

Are there any plans to track what is asked of reports in Q&A? If a question is being asked by a large majority of users, it would be nice to see this so I can know what information would be useful to add to the main dashboard. 

4 REPLIES 4
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

This is already available but the only way to get to it is if you have Power BI Add-on for Office 365.  Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it:

http://businessintelligist.com/2015/07/20/how-to-trackanalyze-qa-usage-in-power-bi/

I've tried this out in multiple ways- in order to turn Q&A logging on in the way that you've suggested, you must have the report stored directly on the 365 site, but power bi sheets are not supported on 365. I'm guessing the way you've suggested works on excel sheets. It's just a bit confusing to me - why would you not be able to upload power bi sheets onto the power bi report section of 365? Capture.PNG

this is the error message that I receive when trying to upload a power bi sheet into the section that allows Q&A logging. 

It appears as though this solution is only viable in the App and not through 365. Are there any plans to match the 365 settings with those in the App? 

Capture.PNG

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

I think this is a great idea. Keeping logs of Q&A asked by different users would help pin important key metrices to dashboard. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors