Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ruppj
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Data Refresh Error - Data Source Error

A few days ago I started getting the following error when my scheduled refreshes ran. I am able to refresh the dataset in the desktop app with no issues, but for some reason, I am getting this error online. I have tried updating the gateway as I saw that on another post, but still get the same error. I unfortunately don't know enough about the program to really translate the error below into anything.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"File\",\"path\":\"C:\\\\Users\\\\justin.rupp\\\\OneDrive - Wabtec Corporation\\\\TCOS_Data\\\\RMTrack.csv\"},{\"kind\":\"SharePoint\",\"path\":\"https://wabtec.sharepoint.com/sites/TCOS-OperationsSupport\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"PrivacySetting"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Waterfall Data.
  • Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity IDe9edfade-9452-4163-8066-c21977bef3ab
  • Request IDbe69f092-bd16-1eca-b4a5-3bb6148065dd
1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruppj ,

For the above problem, the most important reason maybe caused by the gateway couldn't reach one of the data source servers, so you should restarted the data source server (not the one with the gateway on). Then retry refresh to see the result.

If it doesn’t work, please try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the gateway which installed in production environment machine

2. Reinstall the latest version of the gateway and update the setting of Mashup engine by this link

In addition, if both personal gateway and enterprise gateway running on the same machine at the same time, there seems to be a conflict. It is recommended to uninstall the one which is not currently using.

You can also refer to the following common Troubleshoot gateways

vhenrykmstf_0-1628738750988.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and more operation screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors