Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rianna

Power BI won't launch

Power BI gets stuck on the lunching screen when I try to open it. It then says that there was an error trying to load the data model. 

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it and run the application as an administrator. 

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rianna 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> it then says that there was an error trying to load the data model.  

Is there a more detailed error message? And please check your Power BI Desktop version and whether your data source has changed.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 

This is the more detailed message I get. I am running the newest version on 64 bit windows

rianna_0-1658243568448.png

Hi  @rianna 

Thanks for your reply.

it says "not able to connect to the model", what's your data source? Please check whether its service is running normally. And could you share the capture of all error messages?

vxiaotang_0-1658915716757.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I just tried to launch Power BI again to see if there is a longer error message but it no longer provides and error and instead just continously loads....

How can i check what data source I am using?

Akshay_M
Helper I
Helper I

Opening Power BI Desktop with administrator privilege may resolve that issue. If you can't open with administrator privilege, ask your administrator to determine which security rules are preventing named pipes from properly communicating. Then, add Power BI Desktop and its respective subprocesses to allowlists.

rianna

Hi, 

I tried this and it worked to launch it however when i went to open it again it did not launch. Do i need to shut down my computer every time to launch the app?

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @rianna ,
Try rebooting your machine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors