Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soniatayy

Power BI report shows no data - Need alerts

Hi, I am relatively new to Power BI and I am having trouble displaying data in a report.

I am using AWS Lambda to stream real-time data into Power BI dashboard. My aim is to create alerts to Microsoft Teams when a value crosses a certain threshold. To do that, I understand that I have to create a report from the Streaming dataset and pin visualisations to a dashboard.

However, when I create a report, any visualisation that I create shows up 'Blank' - no data is displayed. I have already switched on Historic data analysis for my Streaming dataset and refreshed the tiles. On the Custom Streaming Data Tile in the dashboard, the data is able to plot correctly.

I am on the Power BI Pro Trial. How do I display data correctly on the report? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
manudeeptekno
Frequent Visitor

The issue is with the body of the request. Send data as an array instead of an object. i.e. use [ { } ] instead of { }. e.g. if you were trying to send { "temperature": "98.5" }, try to send [ { "temperature": "98.5" } ]

[
{
"Temperature" :98.6,
"Datetime" :"2021-11-23T18:30:41.709Z"
}
]
This is exactly what Power BI shows as an example when you check for the API info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors