Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI News App for Windows 10 released

To all,

If you are struggling to keep up with the firehose of new and changed updates from Power BI, blogs, Twitter, etc., check out the app I created for my own sanity. Power BI News for Windows 10. https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH51KVR As it's a first release, feedback is welcome. Also, if you know of content that should be featured as must read material, let me know in the comments below. 

Treb Gatte | Business Solutions MVP | @tgatte | Blog | Power BI Recordings

1 REPLY 1

An updated release should be available by Tuesday morning, Sept 6, maybe sooner depending on the Windows store publish process.  https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH51KVR

The new release adds:

• Search! - Under the "hamburger" menu (the three lines in the upper left corner), there is now a search window that traverses all content so you can find related information quickly
  • New card interface - I started using the card interface commonly found on commercial applications, which provides more information as to whether you should drill in. (See below)
  • Live Tiles - See the latest Power BI related tweet by opening your Start menu in Windows 10. Note, it takes a few minutes for this to start.
  • Recommended Reading - Based on a number of factors, I've included a list of highly community recommended books on Visual Design, Power BI, M Language, DAX and R. 
  • Got rid of the glaring yellow Tile background and moved to a grayish background that didn't hurt your eyes.
  • A link to the Windows Store so that you can share with a friend

Thank you all for downloading the app. Hopefully, you've found it valuable and you are passing on the information to your friends. If you have feedback, please let me know. I've amazed at the worldwide downloads.

I'd also love it if you clicked the ads. Smiley Happy  Opportunities for paid partner placement for related content, training, and products are coming to defray the cost of application development. I'd rather keep the app free, but I'd be interested to hear if you would pay for an ad-free version.

Thanks!

Treb Gatte | Business Solutions MVP | Power BI Recordings | @tgatte | Blog 

desktopscreenshot-1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors