Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Leo_PBI7799

Power BI Error Can ClientSideAuth

I just facing very new issue when accesing PBI from iFrame.

Here is the detail.

The signin given wierd url, when we click signin :

https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&autoAuth=true&ctid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...clientSideAuth=0&fallbackError=%7B%22flow%22%3A%22Reportembed%22%2C%22info%22%3A%22pkce_not_created%3A+The+PKCE+code+challenge+and+verifier+could+not+be+generated.+Detail%3ATypeError%3A+Cannot+read+properties+of+undefined+%28reading+%27digest%27%29%22%2C%22code%22%3A%22pkce_not_created%22%7D

Can some one help to provide any information regarding this issue ?

3 REPLIES 3
quickanalytics

he error message "Can ClientSideAuth?" in Power BI typically indicates an issue related to authentication. This error often occurs when there's a problem with the authentication method being used, especially if you're attempting to access data from a data source using client-side authentication.

Here are some steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check Authentication Method: Verify that the authentication method you're using to connect to your data source is correctly configured. Ensure that the credentials you're providing are valid and have the necessary permissions to access the data. 

2. Firewall or Proxy: If your organization uses a firewall or proxy server, ensure that it's not blocking the connection to the data source. Whitelist any necessary URLs or IP addresses to allow Power BI to communicate with the data source.

3. Update Power BI Desktop: Ensure that you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop. Microsoft often releases updates and fixes for authentication-related issues in newer versions.
    1. Community Support: If you're still unable to resolve the issue, consider seeking help from the Power BI community forums or contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. Other users and support staff may have encountered similar issues and can provide guidance.

Remember to always handle sensitive authentication information securely and follow best practices for data security.

Feel free to explore more about my work at quickanalytics.pk.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leo_PBI7799 ,

I found this thread here, does this resolve your issue?

Solved: Power BI iFrame Error ClientSideAuth - Microsoft Fabric Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Not yet, please guide me 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.