Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kramaswamy7
Regular Visitor

Persisting Power BI Dataset in Dataverse

Hi all,

I have a Power BI Dataset which is constructed through a fairly complex Power Query statement. The Dataset is set up with a scheduled refresh. When viewing the report, this works pretty well - since the data is stored in the Dataset and refreshed on schedule, it loads pretty fast.

The actual refresh of the Dataset though is quite slow, and so we have restricted it to a fairly small date range. What I'd like to be able to do is run a Power Automate Flow against that Dataset, take the data, and persist it into a Dataverse table, and then make a new Dataset which queries that table instead of the primary datasource. Essentially, the workflow would be:

1. Scheduled Refresh for Power BI Dataset A executes (daily)
  2. Power Automate Scheduled cloud flow executes, queries Power BI Dataset A, stores data in Dataverse table(s)
  3. Power BI Dataset B is constructed by quering Dataverse table(s)
  4. Power BI Report is constructed against Power BI Dataset B

Is this possible? And if so, how would I go about storing the data in Dataverse?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Sounds like you want to look into using a dataflow instead.  (Don't let them pull you into the datamart direction !)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors