Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anurag97
Regular Visitor

Paginated report

I have developed a paginated report through power bi report builder, for which the source is API connected to power bi desktop and using that power bi data connetion as paginated report's source. The report consists of multiple tables and perfectly alligned and can export into pdf without and alignment issues. Whereas, when published to the power bi service, its giving alignment issues, such as tables overlapping in the web layout view of the power bi service paginated report, but its fine in print layout. Could you let me know what to be done to avoid this issue in the web layout of power bi service.

3 REPLIES 3
MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@bradsy , why would I want a "feature" that wipes out the pixel-perfect layout I created in Report Builder when my report is published to the service? At the very least, this preview feature should be disabled by default.

fomoisreal
Frequent Visitor

Been working with paginated reports for years now and been dealing with this every single day.

When building paginated which will be deployed to web, think of it as if you are building a HTML page. for instance, I have 2 Charts that sit next to each other. I have to put them in a table or rectangle as a container to make sure they're align perfectly.

So when they're deployed it will be like this

<table>
<tr>
<th>Graph 1</th>
<th>Graph 2</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Graph 3</td>
<td>Graph 4</td>
</tr>
</table>

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Paginated reports have different rules for different renderings. Items should not be overlapping in web layout. Here is a doc that explains some of the behavior. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/rendering-report-items-report...

In the toolbar, there is a switch to turn off preview features. Can you turn off the preview features and see if that fixes your issue? If it does, then we would like to have a repro so we can fix the issue. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors