Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jmcosi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not able to add scheduled refresh for on-premise gateway with multiple source files

I'm unable to schedule a refresh using the on-premise Gateway.  It appears that the issue is multiple file sources in my pbix.  

I'm attempting to use 4 Excel files within one pbix.  I have each source file set up under Data Source Settings.  It says the connections were successful.  But when I go to the Power BI Service, select the Dataset, and go to Gateway Connection, the Use Data Gateway option is grayed out.

I've already double checked that the file path is the same for both the Data Source Settings and within the Query Editor.

When I remove all the source files but one, then I am able to select the Gateway Connection. This makes me think the issue is related to having more than one Excel file as a source.   

I'm not able to consolidate to one Excel file, so I really need to figure out a solution here.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jmcosi,

Your resource data come from 4 Excel files which are located your local computer, right? If it is, you should create four resource dara in gateway. I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result.

In my PowerBI desktop, I use two excel file in my local computer. After save, I publish it to Power Bi service. Create two date source, for the following screenshot, New data source1 add one excel, and New data source2 add another excel. 

2.PNG

3.png

In Power BI service, select the Dataset, and go to Gateway Connection, it works fine as follows.

1.PNG

Please check your operation and check if you create data source successfully.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jmcosi,

Your resource data come from 4 Excel files which are located your local computer, right? If it is, you should create four resource dara in gateway. I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result.

In my PowerBI desktop, I use two excel file in my local computer. After save, I publish it to Power Bi service. Create two date source, for the following screenshot, New data source1 add one excel, and New data source2 add another excel. 

2.PNG

3.png

In Power BI service, select the Dataset, and go to Gateway Connection, it works fine as follows.

1.PNG

Please check your operation and check if you create data source successfully.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors