Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Agustinms
Frequent Visitor

Multiple selection in a Power BI report on Service using a touchscreen

My company started using a touchscreen monitor to visualize reports on Service, and I'm wondering if a multiple selection is possible, for example in a date slicer, where you may want to select two different dates from a list. I believe it's not uncommon, as you may want to have the same behavior in a mobile version, but I haven't found any useful information so far. 

Has anybody come across this issue already and solved it?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Agustinms 

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to multi-select a slicer from a touch screen. You do it from Desktop or Service by using Ctrl+Mouse together. But you don't have a button to do it on the touch screen.
I have logged in to Power BI Service on my android and I have been able to manipulate the slicer, but I can only single select and not multi-select. Maybe you can use filters to multi-select a date, but that requires you to do it on the filter page.

vyetao1msft_0-1704421562101.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Agustinms 

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to multi-select a slicer from a touch screen. You do it from Desktop or Service by using Ctrl+Mouse together. But you don't have a button to do it on the touch screen.
I have logged in to Power BI Service on my android and I have been able to manipulate the slicer, but I can only single select and not multi-select. Maybe you can use filters to multi-select a date, but that requires you to do it on the filter page.

vyetao1msft_0-1704421562101.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Oh, I see. It's not ideal but it can be a good alternative. Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors