Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

harbour_service
Regular Visitor

Multiple "Can't Refresh dataflow" when clicking refreshing dataflow once

Hello, Long time listener, first time poster. I get a weird "Can't Refresh Dataflow" message (below) when I click on one of dataflows (connected to the data gateway). It pops up 3 times, even though I only clicked it once. Also, when I try to refresh a second dataflow (different than the first) the pop up comes up 3 times. 

Furthermore, even though the manual refresh fails, it continues to try multiple times without me clicking, which also results in the error pop ups coming up every time it automatically attempts a "manual" data refresh. Image below shows all the attempts, but I only tried once at 1035. 

The fact that the dataflow is not refreshing is a seperate issue that popped up about 2 weeks after this first weird issues started (at first the dataflow would still refresh, despite getting multiple of these error messages. 

PLEASE HELP. 

harbour_service_0-1621096603818.png

harbour_service_1-1621096709424.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
harbour_service
Regular Visitor

This solution seems to have resolved itself. Logged on today and it was no longer doing this. Likely due to an upgrade I was told about for dataflow last week. thank you all for your thought. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
harbour_service
Regular Visitor

This solution seems to have resolved itself. Logged on today and it was no longer doing this. Likely due to an upgrade I was told about for dataflow last week. thank you all for your thought. 

harbour_service
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-xulin-mstf This issue is still ongoing. Scheduled refreshes go through no issues. We're working with Microsoft support to try to fix the issue. Stay tuned. 

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harbour_service,

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt your solution to help others.

Thanks! 😉

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harbour_service,

Could you successfully configure scheduled refreshes for this dataflow?

Not sure what caused the issue, maybe you can refer this related post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Cannot-refresh-or-save-dataflow-Cannot-acquire-lock-for-mod...

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors