Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

shawngoicoechea
Regular Visitor

Move PowerBI Streaming data to ...? Dataflow?

I am new to the community, but I did search around here and online in general without much success. Sorry if this is obvious.

I use Flow to make a streaming data set in PowerBI from form responses.  However, after doing some visualizations I realized that there are some problematic limits to the Streaming Dataset for my purposes.  

Is there a way to make a dataflow from multiple streaming datasets in PowerBI?  I want to blend data submitted via two forms.  Having them be "real time" is not a big deal - I can hit the refresh button a few times a day and that is "real time" enough for my purposes.

Essentially I'm annoyed because I just want to migrate data from a couple forms with a shared key into a data type that I can make dashboards from in PowerBI.

Thank you in advance to any and all who answer.

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

unfortunately it's not possible to convert a streaming dataset into any other kind of dataset.

But maybe you use Office Forms to capture the responses, then you could use Excel to capture the responsed.
Put these Excel file(s) on onedrive for business.

Source these Excel files with Power BI Desktop, if you publish the report into a Power BI App workspace, you can schedule refresh. As you mentioned that realtime is no big deal, you can schedule a refresh up to 8 times using Power BI Pro licensing.

As you have a multiple Excel files with the same shared key, you can stich these Excel files (becoming tables in your Power BI model) together.

Hopefully, this provides you some ideas.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.